How to Start Counseling with Steve:
- Review the material on this site to become familiar with the treatment possibilities that are available.
- Prepare a list of issues that you would like to work on in counseling.
- If you have any extremely painful incidents or traumatic events that may be part of the psychological basis of your current difficulties, please make a brief list of them as well.
- By preparing in writing some of your therapeutic goals and organizing your thoughts regarding what you need to tell me, we will be ready to make the best use of your time in treatment. Then we can schedule your appointment.
- After you schedule your appointment, then go to the Forms page and download and complete the New Patient forms. Then, turn them into a PDF and email them to me before your first phone or video appointment. If we are having an in-office appointment, you can bring the forms in with you.
Schedule an In-Office Appointment:
If you live in the Dallas – Ft. Worth area or plan to be visiting, we can schedule an appointment at my office which is in the Richardson Medical Park building at:
375 Municipal Drive
Richardson, Texas 75080 (a north Dallas suburb)
The office is conveniently located on the line between north Dallas County and southern Collin County. This central location, close to major freeways, makes for easy access to the office.
Please call the office at (972) 997-9955.
If you get the answering machine, it means that I am in session. Leave your name and phone number and I will return your call as soon as I am available. We can then compare our calendars and set a time for your appointment.
Schedule a Phone Appointment from Anywhere in the World:
Now distance is no longer a barrier to getting expert guidance and consultation. Even though many of the Dallas people that I treat travel nationally and internationally for work, it is still possible to meet with them by phone for consultations even when they are away. It is also gratifying to be able to help my clients who live in Houston, Austin, or San Antonio or all over the USA by phone as well. So no matter where you find yourself, you can still come to my office by phone.
It is very easy. Here is how it works:
1. You call my office at (972) 997-9955 to set a time for your phone consult.
2. At the designated time of your appointment, I will call you and we meet by phone.
Remember to make adjustments for time zones. The following web addresses will help you identify the best times to call and to arrange an appointment no matter what part of the world you may be in at a given time.
The World Clock Meeting Planner: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html?p1=152 The World Clock Home Page: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ 3. You can pay for your appointment by credit card (MasterCard or Visa). One other tip, I find that if you have a head-set to your phone that it frees you to make notes as needed or work with acupressure points for the mind and emotions more easily.
Schedule a Video Appointment from Anywhere in the World:
Video appointments are also available. This is optimal if you are outside of the USA. Zoom sessions may be a possibility but I can also use Doxy.me which is a HIPAA compliant, encrypted platform. Please email or phone me for further information about Video appointments.
If you have any questions, please contact me at:
Phone: (972) 997-9955
I look forward to hearing from you and working with you.